(12) Place the four hexagonal nuts and split
coil wires to the proper terminals on the terminal
block from which they were removed.
tighten them and, at the same time, turn the
(4) Connect field coil wire to the terminal
armature by hand to check for freedom of rota-
post connected to choke coil L1.
(13) Connect the ac wires and mica capacitor
(A163) to the ac brush holder assemblies.
If the ac or dc brush holder assemblies
were removed, proceed with (5) and
(6) below. If not, omit these steps.
(16) Connect the input power wires to the
(5) Position the dc brush holder assemblies
into the dc endbell, and secure the assemblies
(17) Assemble the output receptacle in the
filter box cover with two machine screws, lock-
which were removed.
washers, and hexagonal nuts.
(6) Position the ac brush holder assemblies
(18) Attach the cover to the filter box with
into the ac endbell and secure the assemblies with
four lockwashers and machine screws.
the setscrews which were removed.
(19) Tighten the machine screws on the in-
(7) Position the dc endbell onto the field
put power cable clamp.
frame and connect the two dc leads, which were
removed, to the dc brush holders.
inspection plate above the ac brushes and secure.
(8) Place the armature shaft bearings on
Position the metal inspection and filter covers
each end of the shaft, if these were removed or
on the dc endbell and secure.
replaced and carefully press them onto the shaft.
(9) Place the baffle plate into position and,
while holding the plate, carefully insert the arma-
ture through the plate and field frame to the
dc endbell. Be sure the armature shaft bearing
cable into a 27.5-volt dc source. If test cables
(A197) seats properly in the dc endbell.
both the ac and dc brushes for nonarcing opera-
(10) Place the four thru bolts into the dc
tion, which indicates proper seating. If brushes
e n d b e l l through the field frame (A210) and
are not seated, run unit for several hours and
baffle plate (A198).
check for a minimum of three fourths of the
(11) Position the ac endbell into place; use
face to be seated.
the four through bolts as guides, while carefully
b. Measure the
ac voltage and frequency, using
seating the armature shaft bearing in the ac
Electrical Power Test Set TS-914/U.