not stop the leak, string can be used to push the flared tubing more firmly against the connecting surface. Coating the
string with a gasket sealing compound will aid in stopping leaks in a low pressure fuel line.
b. Personnel/time required.
1 soldier/0.5-1.0 hours
Fuel resistant sealant (silicone, neoprene or similar material) (item 2, appx c) String or light tie cord
d. Procedural Steps.
(2) Slide coupling flange nut up, away from flared end.
(3) Clean grease, oil and fuel from flared end.
(4) Wrap string around flared end of line.
(5) Coat string liberally with fuel resistant sealant.
(6) Reinstall line and tighten nut securely.
(7) Check for leaks. If still leaking, repeat procedure using more string.
Figure 5-3. Stopping Leaks in Low Pressure Coupling.