The steel banding used in packaging of power unit has sharp edges. Care should be
taken when cutting and handling banding to avoid injury to personnel.
(1) Remove steel banding around plywood box(es) covering generator set and, when unpacking unit B, the
(2) Remove lag screws securing plywood box cover over generator set and lift off cover.
(3) Remove wooden wedges and spacers from around generator set base. Loosen switch box attaching
hardware and remove any steel banding remaining beneath switch box.
Figure 4-2. Unpacking Power Plant - Power Unit B Shown.
(4) Remove and save package of technical manuals secured to barrier material.
(5) Remove four sets of attaching hardware and drop plywood cover under trailer.
(6) Remove barrier material and fiberboard caps from generator set.
4 - 2