Before performing any maintenance that requires climbing on or under trailer,
set trailer handbrakes, chock both wheels, and lower rear leg prop. Injury to
personnel could result from trailer suddenly rolling or tipping.
Fuel Can Bracket Replacement. (See figure 4-4.) There are four fuel can brackets supplied
with the AN/MJQ-16. Two brackets are mounted on top of each fender. Replacement procedures
described below are typical for all four.
Figure 4-4. Fuel Can Bracket Replacement.
(1) Remove four screws (1, figure 4-4), four nuts (2) and four flat washers (3) securing
bracket (4) to fender (5).
(2) Remove bracket (4) from fender (5).
(1) Position fuel can bracket (4) on fender (5).
(2) Insert four screws (1) down through bracket (4) and through fender (5).
(3) Install one washer (3) and one nut (2) on each screw (l). Tighten hardware to secure
4-19. Accessory Box Replacement. (see figure 4-5.) The power plant is equipped
box which is mounted to the trailer bed between the front and rear generator sets.
with an accessory