(12) Connect power cables to each generator set load terminal board as follows and in
accordance with identification on cables, wires and generator set terminals:
(a) White wire to load terminal L0;
(b) Black wire to load terminal L1;
(c) Red wire to load terminal L2;
(d) Blue wire to load terminal L3.
(e) Green wire to generator set ground terminal (5-wire switch box only),
(13) Refer to DA Form 2258, Depreservation Guide for Vehicles and Equipment, packed with
power unit and follow instructions given for putting unit in service.
(14) Stow all authorized accessories in accessory box.
(15) Install bows on power plant (paragraph 3-11, b.(2)).
(16) Install fitted cover on power plant (paragraph 3-11, a.(2)).
b. Inspection and Servicing of Generator Set. Refer to Service Upon Receipt of Materiel in
TM 5-6115-584-12 for initial inspection and servicing procedures.
c. Inspection and Servicing of Trailer. Refer to Service Upon Receipt of Materiel in TM 9-2330-
213-14&P for initial inspection and servicing procedures.
Installation. (See figure 4-2.) Installation of the power plant at a worksite involves positioning
the trailer and grounding the power plant.
a. Positioning Power Want. Position the power plant on the worksite as follows:
(1) Select an area as level as possible to install power plant and position trailer.
(2) Set trailer handbrakes and lower trailer support leg,
(3) Chock both wheels and lower rear leg prop assembly. Adjust leg prop assembly by turning
inner leg until leg base makes firm contact with ground.
(4) Lift and secure fitted cover in raised position away from generator set exhaust.
Remove fire extinguisher and fuel cans from power unit when generator set is in
operation. This will insure that in the event of fire, extra fuel will not be involved
and extinguisher will remain accessible.
(5) Locate fuel cans and fire extinguisher on ground away from power plant.