ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
(42) Install top housing section, refer to paragraph 4.7.3.
(43) Install DCS control box, refer to paragraph 4.7.2.
(44) Service engine lubrication system, paragraph 3.3.7.
(45) Service coolant system, paragraph 3.3.4.
(46) Connect negative battery cable to battery, and close BATTERY ACCESS door.
(47) Start generator set, paragraph 2.11.1. Check for proper operation.
Refer to engine manual TM 9-2815-260-24 for information concerning repair of
When removing generator only, refer to paragraph 5.10.
a. Old Component Removal Prior to Installation.
The following components may not be supplied with the new engine and must be removed from the old
engine. Install on the new engine prior to its installation in the generator set.
Remove governor actuator (if replacing the engine).
Remove temperature sender.
Remove oil pressure sensor.
Remove engine coolant drain cock.
Remove speed sensor and bushing.
Remove dead crank switch bracket.
Remove engine legs on bell housing.
Remove cable on fuel injector pump and bracket.
Remove bracket for fan guards.
(10) Remove radiator and brackets.
(11) Remove breather, breather hoses, heaters and insulation.
(12) Remove ether injector.
(13) Remove oil drain from oil pan.
(14) Remove fan blade and extension hub.