ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
(22) Tag and disconnect crankcase ventilation hose heater wires (4).
(23) Tag and disconnect wiring harness wires at battery.
(24) Disconnect ether tube.
(25) Tag and disconnect wiring harness from ether injection solenoid and relay.
(26) Tag and disconnect wires to starter, including the ground wires.
(27) Disconnect fuel line to engine mechanical fuel pump.
(28) Disconnect fuel vent line at fuel filler neck from t-connection above starter.
(29) Disconnect main alternator output wires, T1 through T12, from voltage reconnection switch.
Note location, number of wraps, direction of wraps and which wires are wrapped
through the current transformer (CT1) and droop current transformer (CT5) prior
(30) Remove main alternator output wires, T1 through T12, from current Transformer (CT1) and
droop current transformer (CT5).
(31) Disconnect rotor exciter wires, F1 and F2 from TB8.
(32) Remove rear generator housing section (paragraph 4.7.5).
(33) Pull main alternator output wires, T1 through T12, and rotor exciter wires, F1 and F2 through
hole in bottom of output box.
(34) Disconnect main output terminal board ground strap from skid.
(35) Remove right and left side generator housing panels as complete assemblies.
(36) Remove locknuts (8), washers (9), snubbing washers (10), washers (12), and bolts (11), and
engine supports (28) from skid base.
(37) Remove locknuts (13), washers (14), snubbing washers (15 and 23), Belleville washers (17) and
bolts (16) from generator and skid base.
(38) Remove nuts (3), lockwashers (4), washers (6), and bolts (5) from support frame (7).
Rated capacity of overhead hoist should be at least 2000 lbs (907 kg).
Arrange lifting device so that it supports both engine and generator to
avoid undue stress on the engine and generator coupling. Failure to comply
can cause damage to equipment.
(39) Attach lifting harness to engine and generator lifting points. Raise engine and generator
assembly from skid base.
(40) Remove shock mounts (24) from generator mounting points on skid base.