Place the metal cover in a safe place to prevent loss.
(4) Check the APU output shaft spline drive adapter on the speed increaser
for damage, Wipe clean if necessary.
(5) Slide exhaust inlet (telescoping) tube into the exhaust silencer to provide
clearance for APU installation.
Mounting the APU.
(1) Using a suitable hoist assembly, or equivalent, position the APU and
engage the spline drive adapter. Move the APU forward until it contacts
the face of the speed increaser mounting pad.
A support is provided under the aft section of the APU.
Carefully rest the APU on this support while engaging the
spline drive adapter.
(2) Secure the APU to the speed increaser with nuts and washers removed
in step a(3), preceding.
(3) Slide the exhaust silencer telescoping tube against the combustor exhaust
outlet flange on the APU. Secure the tube with the clamp provided.
(4) Install the flexible duct section from the air inlet silencer to the air inlet
shroud on the APU. Secure the flexible duct with the clamp provided.
(1) Remove the protective cap from the fuel inlet filter fitting on the APU,
and connect the flexible fuel supply line from the check stand. Install the
protective cap on the check stand dummy fitting.
(2) Connect the check stand control harness to the harness receptacle on the
APU. Tighten the harness connector securely.
of the APU speed switch, using the coupling, nuts, and washers furnished
with the stand.