-Unit is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-Direct support or aviation intermediate is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-Non-reparable. No repair is authorized.
-No repair is authorized. (No parts or special tools are authorized for the maintenance of a "B" coded
item.) However, adjusting, lubricating, etc., at the user level may recondition the item.
(3) Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes are assigned to items to indicate the disposition action on
unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the SMR Code as follows:
-Non-reparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance
shown in 3rd position of SMR code.
-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at aviation unit
-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct support
or aviation intermediate level.
-Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (i.e., precious
metal content, costly item, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate
manuals/directives for specific instructions.
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (COLUMN (3)). The National Stock Number is used to request/requisition
d. CAGE (Column (4)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGE) is used to identify the manufacturer,
distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
PART NUMBER (Column (5)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you
receive may have a different part number from the part ordered.
DESCRIPTION (Column (6)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(3) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(4) Part Numbers for bulk material are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be