Section II. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
INSTRUCTIONS TO DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE FOR INSTALLATION OF
WINTERIZATION KIT ON THE 5kW TACTICAL QUIET GENERATOR SET.
The following instructions have been provided so you can install, Heater Kit, 5kW Generator Set
Disconnect negative battery cable from right battery and the positive battery cable from the left battery before
doing the following procedures. Failure to observe this warning could result in severe personal injury or death.
Before disconnecting any coolant lines, let generator cool from operation, then relieve pressure by opening radiator cap
carefully. Coolant is hot and under pressure and may cause burns.
Catch fuel in suitable container. Keep spilled fuel away from hot engine and all fires, and wash with warm water after getting
any on skin. Fuel is highly flammable and is irritating to skin.
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Tool Kit, Automotive
Generator shut down
(Common No. I)
Use packing list provided with kit.
1. Open left and right access doors and disconnect negative battery from right battery and the positive battery
cable generator housing from the left.
2. Drain generator coolant system in accordance with TM 9-6115-641-10.
3. Remove generator air filter inlet hose in accordance with TM 9-6115-641-10 if needed.
4. Drill two 3/16" diameter holes using control unit (3), Figure 5-1, as template in center bulkhead housing (4).
5. Install control unit, (3), to center bulkhead housing (4) with screws (1), flat washers (2), lock washers (5), and