PRELIMINARY CHECKS AND ADJUSTMENT OF EQUIPMENT
1. (US Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps) Inspect equipment for possible damage incurred during shipment. If
equipment has been damaged, report damage on SF Form 368, Product Quality Deficiency Report.
2. (US Army) Check equipment against packing slip to see if shipment is complete. Report all differences using
procedure given in DA PAM 750-8.
3. US Army and Air Force perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) (TM 9-6115-729-10).
Marine Corps use NAVMC 10560 to record all PMCS work.
4. If there is a recommended change to equipment technical publications, complete DA Form 2028-2 and
forward it by e-mail to <AMSEL-LC-LEO-PU BS-CHG@mail1.Monmouth.army.mil>, fax to 732-532-3421, or mail
to Commander, U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Life Cycle Management Command, ATTN: AMSEL-
LC-LEO-E-ED, Fort Monmouth, New Jersey 07703-5000. For Air Force, use AFTO Form 22 in accordance
with TO 00-5-1 and mail directly to Commander, WR-ALC/LEET, Robins AFB, GA, 31098. You may also e-
mail your form to <http://email@example.com>.
OUTPUT VOLTAGE SETTING
Metal jewelry will conduct electricity. All jewelry can become entangled in generator set
components. Remove all jewelry when working on generator set. Failure to comply can cause
injury or death to personnel by electrocution.
DO NOT wear loose clothing when performing checks, services and maintenance. Failure to
comply can cause injury or death to personnel.
High voltage is produced when this generator set is in operation. Make sure unit is completely shut
down and free of any power source before attempting any repair or maintenance on the unit.
Failure to comply can cause injury or death to personnel.
High voltage is produced when the generator set is in operation. Never attempt to start or
maintain the generator set unless it is properly grounded. Failure to comply can cause injury or
death to personnel.
DC voltages are present at generator set electrical components even with generator set shut
down. Avoid shorting any positive with ground/negative. Failure to comply can cause injury to
personnel and damage to equipment.
1. Ensure generator set is fully stopped, ENGINE CONTROL switch is OFF/RESET, and DEAD CRANK SWITCH
is OFF before proceeding.
2. Set Battery Disconnect Switch to OFF.