ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
5.10.1 Generator Assembly.
High voltage is produced when this generator set is in operation. Make sure
unit is completely shut down and free of any power source before
attempting any repair or maintenance on the unit. Failure to comply can
cause injury or death to personnel.
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
Open BATTERY ACCESS door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect negative battery cable.
Remove output box assembly, paragraph 5.8.1.
Remove rear housing section, paragraph 4.8.5.
Remove load output terminal board, paragraph 4.12.8.
Remove rear forklift guide. Refer to paragraph 5.11.1.
Loosen nut (31, Figure 5-8), adjust bolt (32) to contact support frame (33) and tighten nut (31).
Remove nuts (1, Figure 5-8), lockwashers (2), bolts (3), washers (4), and rear forklift guide (5)
from skid base.
Rated capacity of overhead hoist should be at least 1,000 lbs. (454 kg.)
Using a hoist with less capacity could result in equipment damage, personal
injury or death.
Attach lifting harness to overhead hoist and generator lifting eye. Take up slack.
(10) Remove nuts (6), lockwashers (7), screws (8), washers (9), and band cover (10) from generator
(11) Remove bolts (11), and washers (12) securing generator drive disc to engine flywheel.
(12) Remove bolts (13), lockwashers (14), and washers (15) securing generator to engine flywheel
(13) Remove nuts (16), washers (17), snubbing washers (18), bolts (19) and Belleville washers (20)
securing generator to skid base.
(14) Lift generator slowly from skid base, ensuring that engine flywheel housing adapter and
generator separate smoothly avoiding any undue stress.
(15) Remove generator shock mounts (26) from skid base.
(16) Remove nuts (21), washers (22), bolts (23), washers (24), nuts (25) from generator mounts.