EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section II) Con't
(3) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(4) Part numbers for bulk material are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(5) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column 6.
g. QTY (Column (7)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, sub-functional group, or assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the specific quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section III). Special Tools List - Not Applicable
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (Section IV).
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER (Column (1). This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. An example is shown below.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. However, stock number should
use the complete NSN when ordering items.
(2) FIG. (Column (2)). This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II.
(3) ITEM (Column (3)). The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. Column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
B. PART NUMBER INDEX.
(1) PART NUMBER (Column (1)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
(2) FIG. (Column (2)). This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
(3) ITEM (Column(3)). The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column
of the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for the items
source coded to be manufactured or fabricated are contained in Appendix G.