Section VII. REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
INSTRUCTIONS TO UNIT MAINTENANCE FOR REMOVAL OF WINTERIZATION KIT ON THE
5kW TACTICAL QUIET GENERATOR SET.
The following instructions have been provided so you can remove, Heater Kit, 5kW Generator Set
Disconnect negative battery cable from right battery and the positive battery cable from
the left battery before doing the following procedures. Failure to observe this warning
could result in severe personal injury or death.
Before disconnecting any coolant lines, let generator cool from operation, then relieve
pressure by opening radiator cap carefully. Coolant is hot and under pressure and may
Catch fuel in suitable container. Keep spilled fuel away from hot engine and all fires.
Wash with warm water after getting any on skin. Fuel is highly flammable and is
irritating to skin.
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Tool Kit, Automotive
Generator shut down
(Common No. I)
1. Turn heater and generator off.
2. Open left and right access doors and disconnect negative battery from right battery and the positive battery
cable from the left battery.
3. Drain generator coolant system in accordance with TM 9-6115-641-10.
4. Remove generator air filter inlet hose if needed in accordance with TM 9-6115-641-24.
6. Remove control unit, (3), from center bulkhead housing (4) with screws (1), flat washers (2), lock washers (5) and nuts