ENGINE AIR CLEANER MAINTENANCE Continued
On EMCP, set ENGINE CONTROL switch to OFF/RESET.
Set DEAD CRANK SWITCH to OFF.
Set Battery Disconnect Switch to OFF.
Open access door at left rear of generator set housing.
Loosen wing nut (3) and remove outer filter element (4) from air cleaner housing (1).
Remove cotter key (5), indicator nut (6) and inner filter element (7).
Squeeze rubber dust cup (8) on extension on air cleaner housing (1) several times to expel dust and debris.
Inspect inside of air cleaner housing (1) for debris.
Wipe housing interior with clean lint-free cloth.
Eye protection is required when working with compressed air. Compressed air can propel particles
at high velocity and injure eyes. Do not exceed 15 psi pressure when using compressed air. Failure
to comply could cause serious injury to personnel.
10. Clean inner filter element (4) and outer filter (3) with compressed air or by tapping elements to remove loose dirt.
11. Inspect indicator nut (6).
12. Reset indicator nut (6) by applying suction to window.
13. Install inner filter element (7), with indicator nut (6) and cotter key (5).
14. Install outer filter element (4) and hand tighten wing nut (3).
15. Close left rear access door.
16. After operating TQG inspect restriction indicator (2) when performing DURING PMCS. If red plunger returns to clear
body of indicator, remove outer filter element, repeat steps 1 thru 8.
17. If green has disappeared from window in indicator nut (6), notify maintenance to replace filter elements.