200 kW TACTICAL QUIET GENERATOR SET
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS Continued
PARALLEL UNIT OPERATION (LOAD SHARING) Continued
Operation in SEMI AUTO Mode Continued
18. Read TOTAL Amperes on the upper display (right side) and make slight adjustments of the VOLTAGE adjust
potentiometers to balance this reading between all sets at the lowest possible reading. This must be performed as
quickly as possible and repeated back and forth between VOLTAGE and FREQUENCY adjust potentiometers to
prevent reverse power and overcurrent faults.
19. Repeat steps 14 thru 18 for each additional generator set to be paralleled.
20. Close all external load contactors between the generator sets and load. Generator sets are now operating with load applied.
21. Observe upper display for voltage and total current readings and the lower display for kW and kVAR readings on all
TQG units. Make very small adjustments to the VOLTAGE and FREQUENCY potentiometers to maintain balanced
reading of total amperes, %kW, and kVAR across all units in parallel.
22. Pressing POWER METER on GSC keypad, periodically compare kW and kVAR readings on lower display of all
generator sets. If readings are not within plus or minus 10% of one another, notify maintenance.
Operation in PERMISSIVE Mode
When paralleling a 200 kW TQG to a 100 kW TQG that is supplying a load, an unstable condition
can occur. This condition does not occur when paralleling at no load or when paralleling a 100 kW
TQG to a 200 kW TQG that is supplying a load.
When you connect a 200 kW TQG to the load bus with a 100 kW TQG already under load and the
load sharing becomes unstable, you should immediately disconnect the 100 kW TQG from the load
bus to prevent damage to equipment by setting the 100 kW TQG AC CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER
switch to OPEN. The 100 kW TQG should then be synchronized to the load bus and the AC
CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER switch set to CLOSED.
Perform INITIAL ADJUSTMENTS BEFORE USE AND SELF-TEST procedures (WP 0006 00-10).
On each generator set EMCP, set ENGINE CONTROL switch to MANUAL START.
Rotate VOLTAGE adjust potentiometers to obtain same voltage indication on each set.
Rotate FREQUENCY adjust potentiometers to obtain same frequency indication on each set.
Ensure that all external load contactors between the generator sets and the load are open.
On TQG No. 1 EMCP position and hold AC CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER switch to CLOSED until press-to-test green
On TQG No. 1 EMCP, set SYNC MODE switch to OFF, and on GSC panel keypad, press and hold POWER METER to
display %kW continuously.
Set UNIT/PARALLEL switch on both units to PARALLEL.
On TQG No. 2 EMCP, set SYNC MODE switch to PERMISSIVE.
10. Perform steps 8 and 9 for each additional set to be paralleled.