200 kW TACTICAL QUIET GENERATOR SET
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS Continued
PARALLEL UNIT OPERATION (LOAD SHARING) Continued
Operation in SEMI AUTO Mode Continued
Ensure that all external load contactors between the generator sets and the load are open.
On TQG No. 1 EMCP, position AC CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER switch to CLOSED until press-to-test green indicator
On TQG No. 1 EMCP, set SYNC MODE switch to OFF, and on GSC panel keypad, press and hold POWER METER to
display %kW continuously.
Set UNIT/PARALLEL switch on both units to PARALLEL.
On TQG No. 2 EMCP, set SYNC MODE switch to SEMI AUTO.
10. Perform steps 8 and 9 for each additional set to be paralleled.
If square symbol
on synchroscope (lower display) does not stop at center and synchronizing
lights (~V, HZ, and
) on left side of GSC panels on paralleling generator sets do not glow
steady yellow, the voltage, frequency and phasing are wrong and must be corrected. Failure to
observe this caution can result in damage to generator sets.
When generator sets are operated in parallel, a switch or external load contactor should be placed between
the generator set and load to connect and disconnect power.
on synchroscope (lower display) does not stop at center and synchronizing lights (~V, HZ, and
11. If square symbol
) on left side of GSC panels on paralleling generator sets do not glow steady yellow, shut down the generator
12. Check that load cables are connected properly.
13. Repeat steps 1 thru 10 above.
14. On incoming TQG No. 2 EMCP, adjust VOLTAGE potentiometer until yellow ~V indicator on GSC stops flashing.
(AC CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER switch cannot be set to CLOSE unless voltage is stable.
15. On incoming TQG No. 2, adjust FREQUENCY potentiometers as necessary to match generator set frequencies. On
GSC lower display, observe that the square symbol on synchroscope of TQG No. 2 stops rotating. Clockwise rotation
indicates that frequency of TQG No. 2 power is higher than load bus. Counterclockwise rotation indicates that
frequency of TQG No. 2 power is less than load bus.
When the square synchroscope symbol
is centered at top of display and stable and ~V, HZ, and
yellow indicator lights all glow steady, the paralleling generator sets are in phase.
16. When synchroscope (lower display) indicates that TQG frequencies and phases match and synchronizing lights ~V, HZ,
on GSC panels stop flashing, set AC CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER switch on incoming TQG No. 2 to
CLOSED until press-to-test green indicator lights. Generator sets are now operating in parallel with no load.
17. Immediately set SYNC MODE switch to OFF, and press POWER METER key on GSC keypad to indicate %kW.