REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
1. Ensure generator set is fully stopped, ENGINE CONTROL switch is OFF/RESET, Battery Disconnect Switch
is OFF, and DEAD CRANK SWITCH is OFF before proceeding.
Repair of the engine/generator base assembly is limited to removal of corrosion, welding of
cracks, and painting.
2. Remove attached assemblies as required to gain access to parts of engine/generator base assembly requiring
3. Remove corrosion as required using crocus cloth (WP 0120, Item 9).
4. Repair cracks in weldment by welding in accordance with TC 9-237.
5. Clean weld surface and surrounding area, pretreat, and paint in accordance with MIL-DTL-53072C, green color
383, with top coat to a thickness of 1-2 mils.
6. Replace foam damping sections by using the old sections as templates to cut the new sections.
7. Install attached assemblies that were removed.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE