Terminal Retention into Socket Inspection
Verify that the connector sockets provide good retention for the terminals. Insert a new terminal into each
connector socket one at a time in order to check for a good grip on the terminal by the socket. If a new terminal is
not secure in the connector socket, replace the connector.
Connector Locking Mechanism Inspection
1. Ensure that the connectors lock properly. After locking the connectors, ensure that the two mating connector
sections cannot be pulled apart. Repair the connector or replace the connector, as required.
2. Verify that the latch tab of the connector is properly latched. Also verify that the latch tab of the connector
returns to the locked position. Repair the connector or replace the connector, as required.
Connector Allen Head Screw Inspection
1. Visually inspect the allen head screws on the ECM connectors (Figure 2, Sheet 2).
2. Ensure that the threads on each allen head screw are not damaged.
3. Connect the engine harness connectors to the ECM connectors J1 and J2. Connect ENG-P37 to J37.
a. Torque the allen head screw for the ECM harness connectors to 55.0 +13.0 4.0 lb in. (6.0 +1.5 -0.5 Nm).
If connector cannot be tightened, repair or replace the connector, as required.
b. Torque the allen head screw for the ECM harness connector J37 to 20.0 2.0 lb in. (2.25 0.25 Nm). If
connector cannot be tightened, repair or replace the connector, as required.