INTRODUCTION - Continued
Notes peculiar to each wire list are located on the first page of each wire list.
Location diagrams of the engine sensors and connector diagrams are Figure 1 and Figure 2, ahead of the wire
This work package contains the following wire lists:
GENERAL WIRING REPAIR PROCEDURES
The following general procedures should be followed as a guide to wiring repair and troubleshooting. Detailed
repair procedures and the use of standard repair tools and methods are found in TM 55-1500-323-24
(TO 1-1A-14/NAVAIR 01-1A-505).
1. Verify that the engine cannot be started while maintenance is being performed. Engine Control Switch set to
OFF/RESET; Battery disconnect switch is OFF; DEAD CRANK SWITCH is OFF.
2. Tag and identify all wires before removing or disconnecting.
3. Inspect wire labels and replace if missing or damaged.
5. Inspect all wires for breaks, nicks, abrasions, and heat damage.
6. Inspect wiring for signs of arcing or electrical damage.
7. Tighten all connectors and check for cracks, signs of electrical damage, or missing pins or sockets.
8. Inspect for loose connections at electrical components and tighten as necessary.
9. Inspect terminal board connections and tighten spade connectors as necessary.
10. Inspect wire harnesses and ensure that wire ties are not broken or removed.
11. Replace wire ties as necessary to prevent wires from chafing or other damage.