UNIT (FIELD) LEVEL MAINTENANCE
TACTICAL QUIET GENERATOR 100 kW, 50/60 Hz MEP-807A/PU-807A
This work package contains the torque standards for specific types and sizes of hardware. It defines the different
types of bolts by grade. Special torque values and sequences are listed in the specific maintenance procedure.
How To Use Torque Tables 1 and 2
1. Measure diameter of screw being installed (Figure 1).
2. Count number of threads per inch (TPI) or use a pitch grade.
3. Under heading SIZE, look down DIA IN. column until you find diameter of screw being installed. (There will
usually be two lines beginning with same size.)
4. Under heading SIZE, look down TPI column to find numbers of threads per inch that match number of threads
counted in step 2. (Not required for metric screws.)
Manufacturer's marks may vary. Standard is all SAE Grade 5 (3-line). Metric screws are of three
grades: 8.8, 10.9, and 12.9. Grades and manufacturer's marks appear on the screw head.
5. To find the grade screw being installed, match markings on screw head to correct picture of CAPSCREW
HEAD MARKINGS in Figure 2.