LONG TERM STORAGE - Continued
Do not use waste fuel/oil mixture to preserve other engines or damage may occur.
13. Dispose of fuel/oil mixture in container A (waste) in accordance with local regulations.
14. Open left rear door. Disconnect manifold in hose from intake manifold (WP 0067). While using dead crank
switch to turn over engine, use a pneumatic oil gun to spray preservative oil (WP 0120, Item 34B) into air inlet
for one minute. Release dead crank switch. Connect manifold in hose.
15. Remove air cleaner cover (WP 0070), gasket, and both filter elements. While using dead crank switch to turn
over engine, use a pneumatic oil gun to spray preservative oil (WP 0120) into air cleaner housing for 30
seconds. Release dead crank switch. Install both filter elements, gasket, and air cleaner cover.
16. Allow muffler to cool. Use a pneumatic oil gun to spray preservative oil (WP 0120) into exhaust outlet housing
for 30 seconds.
17. On left side of TQG, place a suitable container under the fuel drain. Remove cap from fuel drain and open the
fuel drain valve. Completely drain the fuel tank. Close fuel drain valve and install cap to first locking position.
19. Apply preservative oil (WP 0120) to all hinges and latches on the TQG.
20. Disconnect all battery cables from batteries (WP 0049). Secure battery cable terminals away from the
batteries with tape. Apply petroleum jelly to all battery terminals.
21. Select an indoor storage site, if possible. If inside storage is not available, a truck, conex container, or other
container may be used.
22. Place TM 9-6115-729-10 and TM 9-6115-729-24 in a heat sealed bag in the document box (inside left battery
23. Place auxiliary fuel lines and paralleling cables in the storage box inside the left battery access door.
24. Close all doors.
21260, GRADE 30). GOOD FOR OPERATION UNTIL FIRST REQUIRED OIL CHANGE."
26. Prepare tag with the following statements: "COOLING SYSTEM DRAINED. FILL WITH PROPER
ANTIFREEZE MIXTURE BEFORE OPERATION."