FILTER INSTALLATION AND OIL FILL - Continued
7. Check dipstick (Figure 1, Item 8) for correct oil level.
8. Inside control box, verify that resistor assembly A7 DC POWER CONTROL circuit breaker CB1 is pushed in
9. Set Battery Disconnect Switch to ON, and set DEAD CRANK SWITCH to NORMAL. On EMCP, set ENGINE
CONTROL Switch to COOL DOWN/STOP.
10. Reset CATSW2, (RESET SW OIL) switch, inside left rear door.
Operating the generator set with any access door open exposes personnel to a high noise level.
Double hearing protection must be worn when operating or working near the generator set with
any access door open. Failure to comply can cause hearing damage to personnel.
11. Operate engine and check for leaks.
12. Check dipstick (Figure 1, Item 8) for correct oil level.
13. Close right front door and left front door.
END OF TASK
Do not sample oil when engine is cold. When engine is cold, oil contaminants are not suspended
in the oil and a true representative sample of the oil will not be obtained. This may cause
Oil sampling is performed in accordance with AOAP requirements and processes.
1. Allow engine to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Ensure generator set is fully stopped. On EMCP, set ENGINE CONTROL Switch to OFF/RESET, set Battery
Disconnect Switch to OFF, and set DEAD CRANK SWITCH to OFF. before proceeding.
3. Open right front door assembly (latch).
4. Open oil drain valve (Figure 1, Item 9) on right side of engine below oil filter, collect oil sample, and close
5. Close right front door assembly (latch).
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE