ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
Open output box access door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect exciter field leads F1 and F2 from
terminals 1 and 2 of terminal board TB8. Refer to Schematic FO-1.
Attach pieces of rigid wire with a hook bent into one end of each ("fish wires") to disconnected
F1 and F2 leads to aid in installation process.
Remove end bell. Refer to paragraph 5.10.2.
Remove bolt (21, Figure 5-9) and exciter stator (22) from end bell (16).
Detach "fish wires" once F1 and F2 leads clear generator housing (33).
Attach "fish wires" to F1 and F2 leads of exciter stator (22).
(10) Gently pull on "fish wires" to pull F1 and F2 leads back through generator housing (33).
Disconnect "fish wires", and position F1 and F2 leads in output box, Figure 1-3.
(11) Position exciter stator (22) in end bell (16). Secure exciter stator in place with bolt (21).
(12) Install end bell. Refer to paragraph 5.10.2.
(13) Connect exciter field leads F1 and F2 to terminals 1 and 2 of terminal board TB8 (Figure 5-9).
Close output box access door (Figure 1-2).
(14) Install rear housing panel. Refer to paragraph 4.7.5.
(15) Connect negative battery cable to battery, and close BATTERY ACCESS door.
5.10.5 Exciter Rotor .
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2. Allow generator to cool to ambient temperature.
Open BATTERY ACCESS door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect negative battery cable.
Remove rear housing panel. Refer to paragraph 4.7.5.
Remove end bell top cover and louvered covers. Refer to paragraph 5.10.2.
Visually inspect generator assembly for obvious damage. Check exciter leads for broken wires
and signs of wear.
Perform inspection per paragraph 5.10.5.a.
Tag exciter rotor leads, and remove bolts (3, Figure 5-11), lockwashers (4), and leads from
rotating rectifier plate (14).