ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
MAINTENANCE OF OUTPUT BOX ASSEMBLY.
When disconnecting or removing batteries, disconnect the negative lead
that connects directly to the grounding stud first. Disconnect the negative
end of the interconnection cable next. When installing batteries, reverse the
connection sequence. Failure to comply can cause serious personal injury.
Output Box Assembly.
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
Open BATTERY ACCESS door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect negative battery cable.
Remove DCS control box assembly, paragraph 4.8.1.
Remove top housing section, paragraph 4.7.3.
Remove air cleaner assembly, paragraph 4.9.2.
Remove output box access door. Refer to paragraph 4.7.1.
Remove rear housing panel. Refer to paragraph 4.7.5.
Open left side engine compartment access doors (Figure 1-3).
Tag and disconnect electrical leads from fuel injection pump (refer to TM 9-2815-260-24),
electric actuator (refer to paragraph 5.9.1), DEAD CRANK switch (refer to paragraph 4.13.4),
oil pressure sender (refer to paragraph 4.13.1), coolant temperature sender (refer to paragraph
4.13.2), auxiliary fuel pump (refer to paragraph 4.11.2), fuel pickup (refer to paragraph 4.11.6)
and magnetic pickup (refer to paragraph 4.13.3).
(10) Open right side engine compartment access doors (Figure 1-2).
(11) Tag and disconnect electrical leads from battery charging alternator, starter, and ether solenoid
valve, fuel level sender (refer to paragraph 4.13.1), crankcase breather assembly heater wires,
slave cables and battery cables (4.6.2). Refer to paragraph 4.11.9 and TM 9-2815-260-24.
(12) Remove locknuts (1, Figure 5-3), screws (2), and loop clamps (3) from side panel (32) and
wiring harness (31).
(13) Remove voltage reconnection terminal board, paragraph 5.8.2.
(14) Remove locknuts (4), bolts (5), and top panel (6) from output box assembly.
Record number and direction of wraps when removing main generator cables
from transformer for installation later.