ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
Set multimeter for ohms, and connect positive lead to temperature sender terminal and negative lead
to pin 4. Multimeter should indicate as follows:
At 70°F, ohm range is 108-111ohms. For each +10°F, add two ohms to either end of range. For
each -10°F, subtract two ohms.
At 80°F range, should equal 110-113 ohms.
At 60°F, range should equal 106-109 ohms.
Connect negative battery cable to battery.
Start up generator set, paragraph 2.11.1.
Allow engine to operate while observing multimeter. Ohms indication should decrease as
(10) Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
(11) Disconnect negative battery cable.
(12) If indications are not as above, replace coolant temperature sender (2). Refer to paragraph 4.13.2. b
(13) If coolant temperature sender (2) meets above requirements, connect electrical plug connector to
sender by tightening retaining ring.
(14) Close engine compartment access doors.
(15) Connect negative battery cable to battery, and close BATTERY ACCESS door.
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
Open BATTERY ACCESS door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect negative battery cable.
Cooling system operates at high temperature and pressure. Contact with high
pressure steam and/or liquids can result in burns and scalding. Shut down
generator set, and allow system to cool before performing checks, services, and
maintenance. Failure to comply can cause injury or death to personnel.
Slowly remove radiator cap (1, Figure 4-22) from filler neck (2).
Open left side engine compartment access doors (Figure 1-3), open engine block drain valve (3,
Figure 4-30), and drain coolant into suitable container.
Close engine block drain valve (3).
Disconnect electrical plug connector from coolant temperature sender (2).
Remove coolant temperature sender (2) from engine head.