ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
(11) If removed, install fitting (14) and locknut (13) on filler neck panel.
(12) Install elbow (12) on auxiliary fuel pump (11).
(13) Install auxiliary fuel pump (11), chain assembly (10), washers (9), bolts (8), lockwashers (7), and
nuts (6) on filler neck panel.
(14) Connect auxiliary fuel outlet line (5) on elbow (12).
(15) Install fuel strainer (4) on auxiliary fuel pump (11).
(16) Remove caps from fuel inlet hose (2), and position hose clamps (1) on fuel inlet hose. Connect fuel
inlet hose to fitting (3) to fitting (14), and fuel inlet hose (2) to fuel strainer (4). Tighten hose
(17) Connect auxiliary fuel pump (11) electrical connector. Remove tags.
(18) Connect negative battery cable to battery, and close BATTERY ACCESS door.
(19) Move generator set ENGINE CONTROL switch to PRIME AND RUN AUX FUEL position, and
check for fuel leaks.
(20) Return ENGINE CONTROL switch to OFF position.
(21) Close engine compartment access doors.
4.11.3 Fuel Tank Filler Neck.
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
Open BATTERY ACCESS door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect negative battery cable.
Diesel fuel is flammable and toxic to eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. Skin and
eye protection are required when working in contact with diesel fuel, and avoid
repeated or prolonged contact. Failure to comply can cause injury or death to
Remove cap (28, Figure 4-26), open fuel drain valve (30), and drain fuel into a suitable container.
Open left side engine compartment access doors (Figure 1-3).
Remove filler neck tube and cap assembly (15) from filler neck (24).
Loosen hose clamp (16), and disconnect hose (17) from connector (18).
Remove connector (18) from reducer (21).
Remove seal nut (19), washer (20), and reducer (21) from side of filler neck (24).
Remove locknuts (22) and bolts (23) securing filler neck (24) to filler neck panel.