ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
(1) The heartbeat Indicator (36) Figure 2-3, is normally ON blinking when DC power is applied to
the module. It is also normally ON blinking when the Generator set is operating (engine is
running ) and the I/O Module is functioning properly. If the indicator is either steady state ON or
steady state OFF, with the CIM on and the engine running, this indicates there is a problem in the
I/O module, and it should be replaced.
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
Open BATTERY ACCESS door (Figure 1-2), and disconnect negative battery cable.
Remove DCS control box top panel, paragraph 4.7.2.
Remove CIM. See paragraph 4.8.16.
Attach ESD wrist strap and connect to ground.
I/O interface module is connected to the CIM and DCS wiring harnesses
module by multi-pin electrical connectors. Use care when disconnecting and
connecting the wiring harness to the I/O interface module. Failure to comply
can cause damage to equipment.
Tag and disconnect electrical connectors P20, P21, P17 and P25. Refer to Schematic FO-1.
Disconnect ribbon cable assemblies P23 (17) and P8 (33) from I/O interface module (25).
Remove screws (23), lockwashers (24), and I/O interface module (25) from DCS control box rear
Set I/O Interface Module Configuration Switch for the proper Generator Set Application. See
(10) Install I/O interface module (25), lockwashers (24), and screws (23) on DCS control box rear panel.
(11) Install ribbon cable assemblies P23 (17) and P8 (33), to I/O interface module (25).
(12) Connect electrical connectors P20, P21, P17, and P25 to I/O interface module (25) and remove tags.
Refer to Schematic FO-1.
(13) Disconnect ESD wrist strap, and remove wrist strap.
(14) Install CIM. See paragraph 4.8.16.
(15) Install DCS control box top panel, paragraph 4.7.2.
(16) Connect negative battery cable to battery, and close BATTERY ACCESS door.