ARMY TM 9-6115-672-14
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-444-32
MARINE CORPS TM 09244A/09245A-14
Keypad assembly has two electrical connectors. Pins can be damaged or
broken if connectors are pulled from or inserted at an angle. Use care when
connecting or disconnecting wiring harnesses from keypad assembly. Failure
to comply can cause damage to equipment.
Keypad assembly has two electrical connectors. One multi-pin serial connector on a
wire harness from the keypad provides data exchange and connects to the CIM
wiring harness. One single-contact push-on connector on the DCS wiring harness
provides power and connects directly to the keypad assembly.
Remove two ground straps from keypad assembly (7, Figure 4-14). Tag and disconnect keypad
wires from PS-1, terminals 1 and 2. Refer to Schematic FO-1.
Disconnect data exchange connector P26 from J26.
Remove locknuts (5), bolts (6), and keypad assembly (7) from DCS control panel frame (4).
Install keypad assembly (7), bolts (6), and locknuts (5) on DCS control panel frame (4).
(10) Connect data exchange connector P26 to J26.
(11) Connect keypad wires to PS-1 terminals 1 and 2. Remove tags..
(12) Disconnect ESD wrist strap from ground, and remove wrist strap.
(13) Install DCS control box top panel, paragraph 4.7.2.
(14) Install CIM. Refer to Paragraph 4.8.16.
(15) Connect negative battery cable to battery, and close BATTERY ACCESS door.
4.8.18 COMMUNICATION RECEPTACLE.
Shut down generator set, paragraph 2.11.2.
Remove DCS control box top panel, paragraph 4.7.2.
Inspect COMMUNICATION RECEPTACLE (11, Figure 4-14) for cracks, corrosion, stripped or
damaged threads, evidence of shorting, and other damage.
Inspect cap (10) for cracks, corrosion, and broken chain.
Inspect gasket (12) for tears and deterioration.
Replace defective parts.