ARMY TM 9-6115-641-24P
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-456-14
Z - Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance
shown in 3rd position of SMR Code.
O - Reparable item. When not economically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at organizational
or aviation unit level.
F - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct
support or aviation intermediate level.
H - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general
D - Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
L - Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
A - Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious
metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate
manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC(Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code which
is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc. that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(3) The statement END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a given figure
in both Section II and Section III.
(4) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(5). The usable on code, when applicable (reference paragraph 5, Special Information).
(6) Kits and items that are included in kits are found at the end of the figure where the last kit part is used.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in the column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may vary from application to
4. EXPLANATION OF INDEX FORMAT AND COWMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN in national item identification number (NIIN) sequence. The
NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.