ARMY TM 9-6115-641-24
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-456-12
3-6-2. Installation - Continued.
d. Attach a suitable lifting device to lifting points on engine and generator.
If only the generator was removed, proceed to step g.
Lift engine and generator assembly, move and position assembly on skid base mating engine and generator
mounting brackets with mounts on skid base.
Install nuts (1, Figure 3-1), washers (2) and (4), and mounting bolts (3) at engine mounts. Torque nuts (1) to
31 ft-lbs (42 Nm). Proceed to step i.
g. Lift generator and remove wooden shims used to support rear of engine.
h. Tighten nuts (1, Figure 3-1) at engine mounting points to 31 ft-lbs (42 Nm).
Install nuts (5), washers (6) and (8), and mounting bolts (7) at generator mounting points. Torque nuts (5) to
45 ft-lbs (61 Nm).
If only the generator was removed, proceed to step k.
Remove cap and connect fuel return line at Number 2 injector, refer to TM 9-2815-252-24.
Wires running the length of the generator set on the left side have not been dis-
connected. Use care when lowering the rear generator set housing onto the skid
base, to avoid cutting or pinching these wires.
Using a suitable lifting device or an assistant, Iift and rotate rear generator set housing assembly to right and
lower onto skid base.
From left side of generator set, perform following installation procedures:
(1) Connect electrical connections to Iow oil pressure switch (1, Figure 2-25) and oil pressure sender (2). Re-
(2) Connect oil pressure line (3) to fitting (24) on engine block.
(3) Connect fuel filter/water separator drain hose (10, Figure 2-22) to fuel filter/water separator drain valve.
(4) Remove cap and install fuel supply hose (9) at fuel filter/water separator fitting (18).
(5) Remove caps and install fuel supply line (2).
(6) Connect frequency control cable (6, Figure 2-24) to mechanical governor.
If only the generator was removed, proceed to sub-step (9).
(7) Connect oil drain hose (4, Figure 2-23) to fitting (8) and tighten clamp (3).
(8) Install upper radiator hose (20, Figure 2-20) and lower radiator hose (22) with clamps (19) and (21) as
tagged during removal. Remove tags.
(9) Install nut (14, Figure 2-25), bolt (12), and clamp (15) to fuel shutoff solenoid bracket (16).
(10) Connect electrical leads to coolant temperature sender (4) and coolant high temperature switch (5). Re-
(11) Connect electrical leads to fuel shutoff solenoid (17). Remove tags.
m. Install bolts (12, Figure 2-9), nuts (13), Iockwashers (14), and washers (15) securing lifting ring brackets (16)
and lifting rings (17) to skid base (both sides).
n. Install nuts (58), Iockwashers (59), washers (60), and bolts (61) securing center housing panel (62) to skid base.
Install bolts (20), Iockwashers (21), and washers (22) securing rear side housing panels (23) and (24) to skid