(a) Remove leg prop assembly from trailer (paragraph 5-2, a.(l)).
(b) Clamp leg prop assembly in vise with spring pin facing up.
(c) Using suitable drift, drive spring pin out of upper leg and remove leg base.
(a) Clamp upper leg in vise with spring pin hole facing up.
(b) Insert leg base into upper leg and turn leg base until hole in screw lines up with hole in
(c) Install spring pin to secure leg base to upper leg.
(d) Install leg prop assembly on trailer (paragraph 5-2, a. (2)).
5-3. Trailer Bed and Fenders Repair and Replacement. (See figure 5-2.) The body of the modified
trailer consists of a single weldment that includes both fenders and the bed of the trailer.
(1) Remove fitted cover (paragraph 3-11, a.(1)).
(2) Remove tarpaulin support and four bow assemblies (paragraph 3-11, b.(1)).
(3) Remove accessory box (paragraph 4-18, a.).
(4) Remove generator set (paragraph 5-7, a.).
(5) Remove 10 screws (1, figure 5-2), 20 flat washers (2), and 10 nuts (3) securing trailer
body (4) to trailer chassis (5).
Observe position of screws securing rear braces on trailer body to trailer
(6) Remove 16 screws (6), 32 flat washers (7) and 16 nuts (8) securing trailer body (4) to
trailer chassis (5).
Removal of the trailer body requires the removal and disassembly of both
handbrake lever assemblies. The handbrake lever assemblies are symmetrical
and this procedure is typical for both.
(7) Remove two screws (9), two spacers (10), and two nuts (11) and remove roadside hand-
brake lever assembly (12) from trailer chassis (5).