Feed roadside handbrake cable clevis (17) forward through holes in front two braces on trailer body.
Wrap handbrake cable around pulley (16), position pulley in handbrake lever assembly (12) and insert
Install washer (14) and cotter pin (13) to secure shaft (15).
Assemble handbrake lever assembly (12) using two screws (9) and two spacers (10). Make certain top
screw goes through spacer (22) and bottom screw goes through handbrake cable clevis.
Position assembled handbrake lever assembly(12) on trailer chassis (5) and install two nuts (11).
Repeat steps (6) through (10) to assemble and install curbside handbrake lever assembly.
Install generator set (paragraph 5-7, b.).
Install accessory box (paragraph 4-18, b.).
Install tarpaulin support and four bow assemblies (paragraph 3-11, b.(2)).
Install fitted cover (paragraph 3-11, a.(2)).
5-4. Fitted Cover Repair. Repairs to fitted cover shall be made in accordance with FM 10-16, Fabric
5-5. Accessory Box Repair. (See figure 5-3.) The accessory box is repaired by replacing the hasp, the
catches and the footmans loops, as required. The box itself may be straightened, welded, and repainted. If
required, repaint in accordance with MIL-T-704 and MIL-C-46168.
Catch and Hasp Replacement.
(1) Grind off or drill out solid rivets (1, figure 5-3) securing catch or hasp (2) to accessory box (3).
(2) Position new catch or hasp (2) on
(3) Touch up with paint as required.
Strap Fastener Loop Replacement.
accessory box and secure with solid rivets (1).
(1) Remove two screws (4, figure 5-3), two flat washers (5), and two self-locking nuts (6) securing footmans
loop (7) to accessory box lid.
(2) Position new footmans loop (7) on accessory box (3) and install with two screws (4) two washers (5),
and two self-locking nuts (6).