Accessory Box Replacement. (See figure 4-6.) The accessory boxes are mounted to the
trailer frames at the curbside front steps. Replacement procedures are typical.
Figure 4-6. Accessory Box Replacement.
(1) Remove three screws (1, figure 4-6), three flat washers (2), and three nuts (3) securing
accessory box (4) to trailer frame (5).
(2) Slide accessory box (4) forward and off of front step (6).
(1) Position accessory box (4) on front trailer step (6) with narrow end between handbrake
lever (7) and trailer frame (5).
(2) Lift accessory box (4) so that top of box contacts lip of trailer frame (5).
(3) Insert three screws (1) down through trailer frame (5) into accessory box (4).
(4) Install one nut (3) and one washer (2) on each screw (1) and tighten.
Fire Extinguisher Bracket Replacement. (See figure 4-7.) The fire extinguishers supplied with
the power plant are carried in brackets mounted on the front roadside steps of the trailers.