c. National Stock Number. Indicates the National stock number assigned to the item and will be used for
d. Part Number. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications stands, an inspection requirements, to identify an item or range
When a stock numbered item is requisitioned, the repair part received may
have a different part number than the part being replaced.
e. Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) The FSCM is a 5-digit numeric code listed in SB 708-42
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor or Government agency, etc.
f. Description. Indicates the Federal item name and, if required, a minimum description to identify the item.
g. Unit of Measure (UIM). Indicates the standard the basic quantity of the listed item as used in performing
the actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical abbreviation (e.g.,
ea., in, pr, etc.). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest unit of issue that will satisfy
the required units of measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the
illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional, group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
4. Special Information
a. Usable on codes are shown in the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
Identification of the usable on codes used in this publication are:
b. The following publication pertains to the J-2317/U and J-2317A/U and their components:
TM 11-5935-205-14P, Connectors, Receptacle, Electrical U-187/G and U-187A/G
5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is unknown.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group within which the repair part
belongs. This is necessary, since illustrations are prepared for functional groups and listings are divided into
the same groups
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of
the repair part.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National stock number or part number is known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
stock number or part number. This index is in ascending NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
ascending alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair
7. Items Comprising an Operable Equipment
The J-2317/U and J-2317A/U comprises the operable equipment.